Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX80 with Speakertrack 60 and Optical Fibre Cable

Frank Hoetzel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Together,

i have a customer site with installed Cisco Codec SX80 an Speakertrack 60. The camera connection is done with two Optical fibre converter HDMI to CAT5. If i start the System, the codec tells me that the HDMI Input is not with a correct signal and the speakertrack function is diabled. You don´t see the Speakertrack icon in the Touchpanel. If i connect the cameras direct with two HDMI cables it works perfect. Has someone of you reached the same problem and has maybe a resolution for me.

Thank you for supporting me.

Kind regards

Frank 

4 Replies 4

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The connection should be as in the attached picture. The Ethernet cable from the SpeakerTrack should go direct to the SX80´s Ethernet port 2 or 3, and the HDMI cables (2 of them) should go directly from the SpeakerTrack to the HDMI port 1 and 2 of the SX80.

I have seen the type of converter you are using for this installation, and most models support HDCP, which is not supported by the SX80 devices, but I am not saying that is the issue, but it could be.

My recommendation, use the same connection mentioned in the below guide, page 5.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/installation-guide/sx80-installation-sheet.pdf

HTH.

/Elias

Hello Alias,

thank you for your reply. The used converter is a Extron XTP FT HD 4K and it supports HDCP. Unfortunately we can not change the connection cables. This is because the cable routes are closed with fire protection and it would be expensive to change the cables. I have made the cable connections as you recommended to me. With the direct connection with HDMI-Cables it is working perfect.

Hello Frank,

Perfect, I hope using the recommended connections is a permanent solution, since most converters are not supported by Cisco TAC.

/Elias

Hi Frank,

Can you configure speakertrack connector detection mode to Manual and set serial number of Camera's as camera 1 and 2 and check?

Waiting for the results.

Thanks,

Amlesh