Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence - CTS1000 Factory Reset [Question]

akosijonel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May I ask how to factory restore a Cisco Teleprecense CTS-1000?
At first I was able to connect to the CTS-1000 through its Web interface.
I changed the VLAN in the web interface and after the restart I cannot login to in anymore.
Is there anyway to factory restore it?

Please help

Thank you very much

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could check the "Troubleshooting the CTS-1000" guide.

There's a section on "Managing Configuration Issues" which includes instructions on Resetting the System:

1. Troubleshooting > Configuration Issues
  2. Click the "Rest to Factory Image and Factory Configuraiton..and Restart Cisco TelePresence System" button.

Note the warning: "Resetting the system can take over two hours to complete".

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am very sorry but I cannot access the web gui to do that. Is there anyway to reset the device without going through the gui?

Like a button to reset?

Regards,
Jonel Mawirat

You can do it via an ssh session with the "utils system factory init" command.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your respond.

Unfortunately I also cannot access both GUI, Telnet and SSH.

At first I was able to access the web gui but I changed the vlan to another vlan and from there I cannot ping or access the IP shown in the screen of the CTS1000

You should be able to connect a laptop directly to the endpoint, rather than via a switch, and access the CLI or GUI that way - that way it shouldn't matter what VLAN you have assigned.  (Note: you may need to manually reconfigure the laptop's IP settings and/or run a DHCP server to assign IP addresses to the CTS).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I really do appriate it.

Actually I tried that already but I still can't access the network.
Just to make sure may I ask where should I connect my PC to the CTS1000?

And if that doesn't work. May I ask Is there any way to restore to factory default the device using external buttons?

Or is there anyway for me to connect to it via serial console cable and reset it from there?

Regards,
Jonel Mawirat