Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence ISDN Link

Ahmad Kefaya
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We have a customer asking for ISDN Video, my old option was to use Cisco 8321 OR 3421 but this option is EOL, my concurn can we do Video recording with Cisco ISDN Link ?!

Regards,

Ahmad Kefaya

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're asking about Video Recording, but don't mention what recording solution you ure using, or how you expect it to work.

Using an ISDNLink, the ISDN Call will traverse from the endpoint, to the ISDNLink, then out to the ISDN Network.  This is similar to how it works for the old ISDN Gateway products, however the ISDNLink and the endpoint must be paired using IPv6 as well.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

I'm not using any Recording solution, i try to find how i can recording the Video call ?!

there is any product from Cisco that support this OR any 3rd party ?

Regards,

Ahmad Kefaya

You can record calls in many ways, and these may be different depending on what endpoints you are using and what your topology looks like.

One TelePresence recording solution available from Cisco is the Cisco Meeting Server (with the Recording Option) - but how you utilise this will depend on how the rest of your environemnt is configured and whether your devices are able to commujnicate on the network as well as the ISDN.

Bear in mind that ISDN is a very old technology that is being phased out of most products and is slowly disappearing as a carrier technology in some countries as well.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for you replay.

No my Scenario as the below i'm ISDN Only Scenario Not External:

TP Endpoint (will direct connect to ISDN link device)-->Cisco TP ISDN link Device-->ISDN link from ISP.

Regards,

Ahmad Kefaya