Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence MIBS

paradism927
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am trying to test SNMP against an SX80 using the CISCO-TELEPRESENCE-MIB and CISCO-TELEPRESENCE-CALL-MIB. I can't seem to get the unit to respond to ANY of OIDs in these MIBS. Are these MIBS not associated with SX80. If so are their any MIBS to use for this device and does firmware matter?

My main goal is to create and SNMP manager server that will monitor things like Touch 10's being discconected form the system, call rates that go above a jitter % threshhold, etc. 

Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks!

Mark 

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SNMP only provides a very limited set of information, none of which you're looking for, see how-we-can-got-cisco-telepresence-sx20-oid-and-mib.  You'll need to use the API to gather the information you want, take a look at the SX Series API Guides for more details, below are two commands you can use.

xStatus Peripherals
xStatus MediaChannels

Patrick thank you for the quick response. 

I am a bit confused, the reason why I was because I found these Support MIBS from Cisco Website.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/system_messages/ct_sys_message2/ct_syslog_snmp.html

After looking through these MIBS there are OID's that look very helpful for what we are trying to accomplish. 

Could you elaborate on that? 

Thanks again for the help!

Those MIBs are for the three screen immersive Cisco TelePresence Systems (CTS 500, 1000, 3000 Series).