Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence MX200 Touch panel problem

ivan.scekic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

We have Cisco TelePresence MX200 system with Touch panel connected directly to it. Last morning system just showed error "Lost connection with touch screen, IPv4: xx.xx.xx.xx". Touch panel shows only white Cisco logo on black background. Tried factory reset of touch panel, nothing happened.

Please help, what else to try?

Regards,

Ivan

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try Resetting the Cisco TelePresence Touch 8" to Factory Defaults, if that doesn't work, try swapping the software image: TelePresence Touch 8 Image Swap.  If either of those doesn't work, you'll l probably need to contact TAC and see about getting a replacement.

Hi Patrick, thanks for answer.

Tried both of methods, none of them worked. When I swap image nothing happened, even Cisco logo won't show on Touch screen.

So you think Touch panel is dead?

Ivan is this a G2 MX (Touch 10) ? If so since Patrick's ideas didn't work I'll add one more - try replacing the flat cable that comes with the unit with a standard Ethernet cable. I've found those to be relatively fragile if yours ever gets stepped on, things like that. Good chance that fixes it. 

Hi, it's impossible to replace cable on my touch device. Unit is CTS-CTRL-DVC8, connected directly to codec via special cable. That cable is very similar to Ethernet but not compatible.

Ah OK - yours is the G1 MX with the Touch 8 - I agree with Patrick you should open a ticket with TAC, you probably need a new one.