cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence Server/Cisco Telepresence Conductor/Cisco VCS-C/Cisco TMS License

Dipak Singh
Level 1
Level 1

A big problem I am stuck with is the licensing. Really, I have been trying a lot to find the solution for it but couldn't.

Actually I have deployed all these server (mentioned in title) in my home lab for CCNP Collaboration certification preparation.

I am not able to complete some labs due to license issue (I guess). Is there any option to get demo license for all these servers??

I would really be greatfull if anyone can suggest me the solution and/or licenses required to complete all the stuff to get my CCNP Collab tag.

Best regards,

Dipak Singh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS and VCS-C when installed without licenses, are automatically put into demo/trial mode with a few license availability to test with. If needing a VCS-E, you'll need to reach it to your Account Manager and they should be able to get you time limited licenses good for I think 90 days.  

Conductor Essentials is free, meaning you can install it and get full functionality without needing any licenses, but you're limited to 1 conference bridge and no clustering is allowed.  

TelePresence Server require licenses to function, again, reach out to your Account Manager for this. 

In the end, you should reach out to your Account Manager for any of this, as they should be able to help get timed license if you need them. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS and VCS-C when installed without licenses, are automatically put into demo/trial mode with a few license availability to test with. If needing a VCS-E, you'll need to reach it to your Account Manager and they should be able to get you time limited licenses good for I think 90 days.  

Conductor Essentials is free, meaning you can install it and get full functionality without needing any licenses, but you're limited to 1 conference bridge and no clustering is allowed.  

TelePresence Server require licenses to function, again, reach out to your Account Manager for this. 

In the end, you should reach out to your Account Manager for any of this, as they should be able to help get timed license if you need them. 

Thanks Patrick for your response. I was quite busy for last few weeks. I'll get in touch with Cisco Account Manager in my office. 

One more thing I want to know, Actually I got one Cisco Telepresence MCU 5310. I configured it with TP conductor to host some conferences but didn't get the result except few logs in conductor saying something like not enough resources available in TP server.

Do I also need any separate license in order to get conferencing done and can I get evaluation license for the same?

If the MCU is fully licensed and you're able to host conferences on it, you shouldn't need anything else if you want to add Conductor.  Can you provide some screenshots from the MCU conference status page as well as from Conductor's conference bridge status?

My concern is if MCU includes any demo license with it by default or not ?

MCU doesn't include any demo licenses by default, you'll need to either purchase the licenses or speak with your Account Manager to see if you can get timed demo licenses.