Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS and VCS Expressway upgrading

realarmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I know that VCS is already EOL but a customer of mine is still running a VCS and VCS Expressway as part of his on prem video infrastructure. The VCS expressway is at firmware 14.0.6 and customer wants to upgrade it to 14.3.x since some vulnerability reports.

Since expressway uses smart licensing from version 14.2. I am wondering if it's possible to upgrade the VCS expressway to 14.3. and use smart licensing. I know that VCS isn't supporting smart licensing... Is this possible and if yes which licenses do I need for the VCS expressway to work properly with smart licensing and VCS?

Thanks for your inputs

1 Reply 1

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Since there are no upgrades anymore for VCS, you have to "switch" them to Expressways. But IIRC, Expressway doesn't have all that features, which VCS has. So you should check the Docs, which features you need and which features Expressway supports.

For licenses: Which lics you need to have in the Smart Account depends on your needs. If you have B2B calling, you need RMS lics. If you have devices registered, you need device registration lics, etc.
Nobody in the forum knows your setup, so nobody can give you a definitive answer.