Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS-E

Dear Team,

We are deploying Cisco VCS-E with VCS-C but we don't have the Advance Networking license with us.

Please suggest is there any way to deploy VCS-E without AN license.

Regards,

Vikas

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is your VCS deployment using the hardware appliance or virtual machine?

If your deploying the virtual VCS, it comes with the advanced network option key.  In either case, you can deploy it without the advanced networking feature, we've done that in the past by simply opening up the firewall for the required ports and using a public IP address on the VCS.

Hi..Patrick,

This is hardware appliance.

Customer is not not allowing to terminate direct link on VCS-E and provide the direct public IP due to security reasons.

They want us to use NATed IP for this.Is this possible ?

Please suggest any way out for this.

Thanks,
Vikas

The advanced networking option key is required in order to NAT the IP address of the VCS.  See the VCS Deployment Guide, pg 56 for more information.  Although it does say you could do it without the option key, it's not guaranteed that everything will play nice.

Hi..Patrick,

How we can do this without option key.

Regards,

Vikas

Actually I misread a sentence in the chapter I pointed out in the deployment guide.  You do require the advanced networking option key in order to use the NATing functions of the network interfaces of the VCS.

The sentence I was referring to was speaking about router/network-based AGLs doing the NATing, but the deployment guide strongly suggests that the VCS do the NATing itself on it's own network interface.