Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco vcs expressway 6.1 H323 issues

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Every one,

I am having a trouble with the VCS expressway.

Just a quick background, deplying VCS expressway Starter pack  for a customer they have no controller what so ever. Its a testing envoirnment. i know we need a controller and expressway but as it is just to see our options with cisco we using expressway to have a feel of things.

Inistally I was able to register 2 endpoint EX90 and a E20 using H323 and SIP. But half way through during configuration things got crazy.

1. When i register with H323 I can only register one end point not the other, the funny thing is on my VCS i can see its registered but when i try to call or on the endpoint itself it says unregistered.

Got the expressway formatted and a new IOS again 6.1.

Now i can register with H323 but when i try to call between h323 endpoints it says connecting but nothing happens no audio no video and my VCS tells me that the call is connected. h323 to H323

Just to add i have deleted all the config e.g search rules translation every thing but still getting the above issue.

i tried registering those endpoint as SIP and the call works perfect, audio video all good.

Any help really appreciated I am very new to VCS and all the help and guidance will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Iā€™d suggest to taking diagnostic log (debug level) and check call process especially logical port negotiation IP address and port number.

Thanks for your kind reply.

How to take diagnostic log . Any suggestion please.

Manyh Thanks

You can create diagnostic log from VCS Web GUI, Maintenance > Diagnostic > Diagnostic logging (https:///loggingsnapshot).

You should change Network log level to ā€œDebugā€ and click ā€œStart new logā€.

Once you create test call, then click ā€œStop loggingā€ and download the file.

Thank u.

I will get the logs and post cit here if it an be reviewed apprecaited.

Many Thanks,