cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Install TMS on new VM

jwestlund1
Level 1
Level 1

We have TMS running on a Server 2008R2 VM.  I have been asked to create a new install on Server 2016.  There is no need to back anything up, they want to start fresh with a new database.  I have the software key and option keys from the existing server, can I just use those with the new install or do I need to do something to get new keys?  If I use those same keys while the existing server is still running will it cause problems during the migration to the new server?

2 Replies 2

Tianjun Zhou
Level 1
Level 1
If the new TMS is same version with old TMS,like both are 15.x,x can be different,you do not need get new keys. If the version is different, you need open a case. This will not cause problems.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the same serial number on both for the migration process - even for a redundant deployment, both TMS servers would use the same serial number (and be connected to the same database).

The only issue you will have if you are running the two at the same time is if you have more than one of them trying to manage the same endpoint(s).  One TMS will show errors when the other TMS starts managing a particular endpoint until it refreshes its management settings, then the other will complain.  So, only have the endpoints defined in one of the TMSes at a time.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.