Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS - Assign Space to User

Paul Freiberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

is it possible to assign a space which I created in admin interface, because I needed a specific CallID (just 4 digits) for a more comfortable Dial-In, to an user?

So that user would be able to send invites for that space from user interface.

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at coSpace Member Methods in the CMS API Guide.

Perform a GET on the /users node to get the user's ID to add to the coSpace.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at coSpace Member Methods in the CMS API Guide.

Perform a GET on the /users node to get the user's ID to add to the coSpace.

Patrick,

I also need to do the same, but can't seem to figure out the right commands...

If I break it down, here is what I do and please correct any mistake:

Info

Space ID=5783dd8f-47db-4911-848e-77e9bb67486e

<ownerId=435339bd-539f-4001-9f9e-1ac75af53fc6</ownerId>

/Info

I need to perform the API command to add that user as a member of the space, I'm using Poster.

URL: [https://.../coSpaces/5783dd8f-47db-4911-848e-77e9bb67486e]

User Auth: Ok here I get GET info

What parameters do I need to POST or PUT in order to do that?

Name: ??

Value: ??

If I put this in: name: userjid=whatever@exemple.com and PUT it, I get a 200 Ok, but the space doesn't appear in the Spaces tab of Cisco Meeting, even after a log out and log in. Same if I PUT userid=435339bd-539f-4001-9f9e-1ac75af53fc6 (series from the owner information of another space owned by that user), I get 200 Ok but nothing in Spaces.

What I'm I missing?  Thanks ahead.

It's ownerJid, not userJid. ownerJid=name@domain
Why doesn't the user simply create a space using CMA, they'll be the owner and can add/remove members as they please?

Thanks Patrick, now let's put it this way,

After removing themselves from the space, there wasn't any other «member» of the space in this exemple.  The space ID (9 digits given by the server) and URI to call in to the space had been documented and passed down through the company.  Adding the owner back to his space gave him the possibility to «call» from the space other codecs at public IP addresses, which he couldn't do as a guest.  By creating another room, even with the same URI after deleting it from the server, would have required him to change the documentation about the space ID and give that back to whoever in his company would be using this space, as I can't recreate the space URI with the same 9 digits ID.

This is a government entity was are talking about, so procedures and standards go a long way and it gets hard to track down everyone to give the «new» procedure to.  We decided it would be easier to do it through API.  I finally did get it to work... here is what I did for others on this forum if needed:

Add a user as a member of a space using API commands
Find the Space ID it should look like this: (5783dd8f-47db-4911-848e-77e9bb67486e)

Go to Poster and type in this
URL: https://your.company.url/api/v1/coSpaces/---coSpace-ID-Found-from-CMS---/cospaceusers/
Authenticate and Get to make sure you are ok with your credentials

Go to Parameters and enter:
Name: userJid
Value: Jid of the user (ie. name@company)
Click Add/Change

Go to Content to Send, Click Body from Parameters and Post, you should get a 200 Ok message

Then add the option you want the user to have in that space if a modification is needed

URL: https://your.company.url/api/v1/coSpaces/---coSpace-ID---/cospaceusers/---USER-ID-Found-from-GET--- (ie. <userId>435339bd-539f-4001-9f9e-1ac75af53fc6</userId>)

In Parameters:

Name:                             Value (choose as needed):
canDestroy                      true/false
canAddRemoveMember  true/false
canChangeName            true/false
canChangeUri                 true/false
canChangeCallId             true/false
canChangePasscode      true/false
canPostMessage            true/false
canDeleteAllMessages    true/false
canRemoveSelf               true/false

Go to Content to Send, Click Body from Parameters and Post, you should get a 200 Ok message

I have the same problem.

There is no option to limit the number of spaces created by the users. In that situation there can be created hundreds and hundreds of spaces which will affect the performance of the system.

Still, creating a new space on the admin page and assign it to users is not a straight process.

Why there is not an additional field on the web page to be configured for this association?

Why this application is so limited in providing easy managing features?

I can give a lots of examples where the CMS is falling to achieve a normal behavior for video conferencing or the configuration requires a substantial amount of effort and knowledge.

You are right,
I will leave it to Cisco to (not) answer this comment... I agree, maybe version 2.3 is better? I am running version 2.0 of the Acano Manager (not good...) and it's not very useful, to say the least.

You should contact your Cisco Account Team, they can submit a feature request for you for these items you wish to see implemented in CMS.