Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS DTMF scenario

Mamdouh Elgamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out DTMF functionality in CMS, specifically in the following scenario

Suppose I have a meeting with the following participants:

Participant 1 --> video endpoint

Participant 2 --> video endpoint

Participant 3 --> audio call to conference bridge (external number, 91800…)

The participant 3 is simply an audio bridge, so it requires an access code to start it or enter.

When participant 1 or 2 enter the dtmf digits for access code, it doesn’t work or simply not detected.

The SIP trunks to my cms servers are using RFC2883

I’m also reading the following from documentation:

https://kb.acano.com/content/14/181/en/how-are-dtmf-tones-handled-on-the-cisco-meeting-server.html

How are DTMF tones handled on the Cisco Meeting Server?

ID #1180

Last update: 

2016-09-14 11:21

Revision:

DTMF tones are handled as follows:

• If you are making a point-to-point call, the Call Bridge will forward DTMF tones to the other participant.  (this applies when DTMF tones are sent as part of the RTP audio or using RFC 2833)
  • If you are in a space with two participants, then the Call Bridge will forward DTMF tones to the other participant (this applies when DTMF tones are sent as part of the RTP audio or using RFC 2833). 
    However, if you have DTMF profiles configured via the API, then the Call Bridge will not forward the DTMF tones to the other participant.
  • If you are in a space with multiple participants in a meeting, the Call Bridge will not forward the DTMF tones to the other participants (whether or not there are DTMF profiles configured on the server).

Does this mean that CMS doesn’t support dtmf with multiple participants ? is there a workaround ?

Thank you for the help

2 Replies 2

i'm having the same issue,

How did you fix this issue?

thanks

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi , i have some issue and another thing i need to know is , if there is a way to add participants from CMM and send also dtmf codes ,for instance , if i need to add an external mcu , or something like this.

Regards