Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Space is not negotiating video codecs

Robert Passey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've been tasked with setting up a demo video bridge for my organisation, who are currently running CUCM v10.5(2) and have some loan endpoints (DX80 & SX10), they also have 8800 series video phones and jabber (11.7). I have installed CMS v2.1 with the ova and no changed any resources in VMware, I have configured a non secure SIP trunk and call space for VMR call and I can dial into the VMR ok however I can seem to get video working. When looking at the call stats it's as if the codec isn't negotiating video codec.

I have followed the guide which takes you through initial installation and integration with CUCM, however, I haven't configured it for AD-Hoc calls as I don't yet have certificated.

Can anyone offer some advice on what may be preventing the video?

I have tested to make sure CUCM isn't limiting BW by region and location a I have successfully tested the EP's and Jabber with video.

Please advise.

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

For endpoints registered on CUCM please make sure that the "Media Termination Point required" checkbox is unchecked on their config page on CUCM and test again.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

For endpoints registered on CUCM please make sure that the "Media Termination Point required" checkbox is unchecked on their config page on CUCM and test again.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thanks Manish,

Unchecked this option and the video appeared!

Regards,

Rob