cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec 101

RS1601763J2
Level 1
Level 1

Having to think outside the box on this one.  I'm losing my network transport for H.323 protocol based codecs.  Not ready to throw away a million dollar setup just yet.  Looking for a solution whereby I could feed the codec data packets into a software app and incorporate that data into Zoom or MS Teams format.  Am I crazy to think this might be possible.

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are products out there that can do the interworking between H.323 and SIP (the Cisco Expressway products do this) - also products such as Pexip can do this, as well as providing a gateway to the MST environment.

The other alternative is to reconfigure your endpoints as SIP endpoints rather than leave them on H.323, unless there is some specific reason (due to them being ancient, or configured as standalone units, or something similar) that you can't do that.   Most endpoints released in the last 10 years have been able to be SIP registered.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.