Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec C60 Control ports

ABIOLA YEKEEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,
Please i need to know if cisco codec C60 can be controlled through ethernet ports
it has 2 serial ports ( com Ports) for control though , but my control processor does not have enough serial ports, so i dont want to use serial ports.
I need to know if i can use the ethernet port for control and details on this usage

many thanks
Abiola

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it is possible to control via Telnet using the codec's API.  There is helpful information in the C Series API Guides on how to control the codec using the API and the various methods of control it via RS232, SSH, and Telnet.  You don't mention what control processor you're using, but there are some examples for Crestron programs here: Telepresence AV Integrator.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it is possible to control via Telnet using the codec's API.  There is helpful information in the C Series API Guides on how to control the codec using the API and the various methods of control it via RS232, SSH, and Telnet.  You don't mention what control processor you're using, but there are some examples for Crestron programs here: Telepresence AV Integrator.

Thanks Patrick,

You nailed it