cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codian MCU 4510 Not Activated SIP Question

emery.tressler1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,  my company sent me a Tandberg VCS and a Codian MCU 4510 to set up and test our video phones(SIP based) on.  The only problem is that they haven't supplied me with a product activation key yet.  Am I going to run into problems until I get the key?  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Emery, the MCU will not be functional until you get the key. Your company should be able to get that for you from either the partner they purchased it from or directly from Cisco starting with the account manager and/or systems engineer. Or you can try sending the serial number to licensing@cisco.com

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Emery,

Let me move this post to Telepresence community to get you to the answer faster. This community is for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and Cisco WebEx Meetings Server products, and is not observed by TP experts.

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Thank you, Dejan!

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Emery, the MCU will not be functional until you get the key. Your company should be able to get that for you from either the partner they purchased it from or directly from Cisco starting with the account manager and/or systems engineer. Or you can try sending the serial number to licensing@cisco.com

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you, Patrick!

At least its possible to power up the unit and do the base / network configuration.

If this is not a brand new unit the keys might already have been added.

Even an upgrade is possible (at least if you can get the upgrade image which would require a valid service contract)

You can see which keys are installed if you go on the webinterface to Settings > Upgrade and look under "Feature Management"

Mine has for example:

* MCU4510 activation

* Web conferencing

* Encryption

> Please rate messages with the stars below and set the thread to answered if it is! <

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

I was able to get the activation code and everything is working fine with the MCU now.

Martin,

I was able to get the activation code and everything is working fine with the MCU now.