cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collaboration Edge

lordshawn
Level 1
Level 1

So to do TelePresence B2B and VPNless Jabber I need VCS-C and E (Which can be VMS).  Do i just use my existing internet connection to send these calls out or do I need SIP trunking with a telco?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, you do not need a SIP trunk to a Telco.  All the comms go over your existing Internet connection and to put it in similar terms, your TelePresence infrastructure becomes the telco for your devices.

Have a read of the Mobile and Remote Access Deployment Guide for some further details on how it all needs to be configured.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its always good if you mention a bit more about your deployment.

Though you can use VCS for MRA ("VPNless Jabber"), licensing wise it would most likely

not make sense as it would eat up call licenses, where if you deploy it as an Expressway-C/E

it would be part of the CUWL standard licensing

A SIP trunk to a telco is most likely used for real phone numbers.

Here you terminate your sip setup to the internet. So for MRA or B2B, you do not need

a telco sip trunk, just your CUCM installation + Expressway or VCS + Internet + Certificates.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alisha_Rascon
Level 1
Level 1

The Collaboration Edge preferred architecture, which includes a series of servers and gateways defining access to services at the perimeter of a collaboration network. The Collaboration Edge preferred architecture provides access to public networks, including the Internet and PSTN. CCNA Collaboration exam has great potential to start career, get more detail on 210-060