cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX 80 showing menu options during call for every 10 minutes

Chenna Krishna
Level 1
Level 1

We have observed that SX 80 showing menu options for every 10 minutes during the call. Please see below image which is getting popup.SX 80 menu popup.jpg

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Can you tell us more about your environment, what you're connecting to, protocol etc?
What is the process that one needs to do to bring up the on-screen menu?

greg.clifford
Level 1
Level 1

We have been experiencing this problem with two different SX80s when connecting through Zoom.  Normally you would press the 1 on the dial pad to make the menu appear and use the * to close the menu.  

We are seeing the menu appear randomly and closing without any intervention by the user.  

We have just started to look through the logs to see if there is any correlation in the logs when the menu appears.

If anyone has any other suggestions for troubleshooting it would be much appreciated.

That is not the SX80 menu, that is coming from Zoom. I would check with them on what might be causing this. 

It might sound silly, but have you changed your light bulbs/tubes in the room recently?

We've seen similar odd behaviour on a number of telepresence endpoints and other AV equipment that uses IR when light bulbs/tubes have been changed to cheap and nasty ones which seem to emit random amounts of IR.  When this is picked up by some equipment, it's often interpreted for a key press on a remote control.   You can check for this by doing a test call while the lights in the room are turned off.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

That is interesting Wayne - I hadn't heard about cheap lights causing problem with IR - I'll definitely keep it in mind! It doesn't apply here though, although SX80's have IR sensors, they have never been enabled in any released code (quite sure on that), plus I've seen that menu before, it's coming from Zoom not the SX80.