Views
Helpful
Replies

Conductor and TPs

tec cou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a pool of three TPs , if each TP has 5 Sl , and do not allow cascaded , I have 30 Hd ports (720p30 and 720p5) . 

I have a question, how distributed resources.

if different sessions ports consumes me :

tp1: 8 ports

Tp2:10 ports

tp3:7 ports

Can I have another conference that consumes me 5 ports? 

and if you are 6 going on? reduces the quality of incoming?

thanks for the support

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you cascade, you won't have enough resources to have a 5 participant conference, as a cascade link consume one 720p30 call (plus content, if enabled in the conference template) from each of the TelePresence Severs that are being cascaded.

The only way Conductor would reduce quality is if the endpoint connecting can't support the quality the conference is using, in your case 720p30, or the bandwidth the endpoint connected with is too low to support that said quality.  Take a look at the "Dynamic resource optimization improvements" section of TelePresence Server 4.0 Release Notes starting on pg 9 and the associated chart a few pages later.  That chart helps me understand it how Conductor optimizes resources based on the conference quality and bandwidth.

Yes, using another conference template would imply a second conference alias.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you keep the conference quality at 720p30+720p5 content which uses half a screen licenses per participant, you'll need to enable cascading in order to host another conference with 5 participants.  Without cascading Conductor will put the conference on TPS #3, but will only connect 3 participants, the remaining 2 will not be able to connect because the TelePresence Server is at capacity.  Keep in mind, a cascade link uses 720p30 video plus whatever the content quality is of the conference template being used, in your case it would be 720p30+720p5 content, so you'd need another 1/2 a screen license or 1 port out of the available 10.

I haven't tested this, but you should be able to get a 5 participant conference on TPS #3, but you would have to use a conference template with one of the two quality's that will consume 1/4 of a screen license.

• 480p30 with content in main video
  • 360p30+720p5 content

With either of those qualities, you use 1/4 of a screen license, you can have a conference with another 6 people with the remaining resources on TPS #3.  Note, this isn't tested, but the math works out.

Thanks for response Patrick !!

then I have to take to allow, at least 1 cascaded.

the optimization of resources of Conductor so I'm not understanding.

I thought it would be automatic, which would reduce quality to at least have Service

Use another conference template implies that the conference should start with a different alias, or am I wrong?It is not transparent for user

If you cascade, you won't have enough resources to have a 5 participant conference, as a cascade link consume one 720p30 call (plus content, if enabled in the conference template) from each of the TelePresence Severs that are being cascaded.

The only way Conductor would reduce quality is if the endpoint connecting can't support the quality the conference is using, in your case 720p30, or the bandwidth the endpoint connected with is too low to support that said quality.  Take a look at the "Dynamic resource optimization improvements" section of TelePresence Server 4.0 Release Notes starting on pg 9 and the associated chart a few pages later.  That chart helps me understand it how Conductor optimizes resources based on the conference quality and bandwidth.

Yes, using another conference template would imply a second conference alias.