cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

config advice for home modem router with gatekeeper and border controller and endpoints

pierre poirier
Level 1
Level 1

config advice for home modem with gatekeeper and border controller and collab endpoints. (c60 -mxp150 -mxp 1000- mxp 1700 -  990 mxp )

So I bought a used gatekeeper and border controller,

want to have all endpoints the possibility for all to call inside or out via ip public internet.

so need to understand the registration, firewall ports to open or forward  with gatekeeper and border contr. for each endpoints.

1) config gatekeeper or border controller via web access portal

2) config modem firewall router Telus T3200M  Ports to open and forward

3)  config endpoints network settings (codec c60 - mxp150 - mxp1000 - mxp1700)

4)  config cisco switch 3560 for vlans ? or just basic all traffic  

any advice or pointing me in the right discussion, looked everywhere for info on cisco with no success.

any video on youtube would be great to learn more about installation and config.

or we can talk over POTS.

! Forgot to mention that i was up and going with one endpoint from point to point was working fine with firewall and forwarding ports, but now trying to get many of them inside the network to be able to call in/out or receive calls in/out, that is why i bought a legacy gatekeeper and border controller and a cisco switch 3560 to put on my home network for my modem router of the service provider to handle the traffic. So not looking for all the details, just the big lines on to how to start and where... do i use the gatekeeper only or with the border controller on the DMZ side,  do i shape the traffic in the switch, do i let the codec do the job , lots of questions.... thanks in advance

got some advice already from 

Kelli Glass Feb 12, 2018 8:23 AM (in response to pierre poirier)

Pierre,

This document should help get you started -

Cisco IOS Gatekeepers in Intrazone H.323 Networks Configuration Example - Cisco  PDF

0 Replies 0