cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Encryption mode and Default call rate on endpoint provisioned by CUCM

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

I have an endpoint running TC7.3.2 provisioned by CUCM 10.5.2.  In CUCM, how do I configure the settings on the endpoint for Encryption Mode and Default Call Rate?   Can't seem to find them.

Thanks, Mike

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According tot the Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM 10.5.1 (TC7.2) guide on pg 43, the default call rate isn't set by CUCM, looks like you'll have to set that yourself on the endpoint.  Regarding the encryption settings for the endpoint, there is no reference to them in the guide, if they're aren't present in the CUCM profile I'd assume you'd have to set that on the endpoint as well.

Thanks Patrick.  The thing is, I set both of these settings on the endpoint, but when it reboots they both revert back to the original setting.  In my experience this means that CUCM is resetting them.

Mike

Hello Mike -

I know this is a few months old, but another call rate thread came up recently, and it got me searching the forums, and found an answer to this, see Matt's response here: telepresence-endpoints-call-rate-explanation-needed.  It appears this done for a reason and is by design.