Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have

- Tandberg video communication server ip address : 10.0.15.253

- Contenet server  ip address: 10.0.15.252

- Tandberg Management server v3.2 ip addres: 10.0.15.254

I have two problems :

1) We use the content server to record events and seminars and some important classes, the way it work that we call the content server using the IP address (10.0.13.252)

Then the recording starts. Now when we try that in any class room it gives us unreachable destination.

2) the communication between Tandberg video communication server: 10.0.13.253 AND TANDBERG Content Server v3.2 are not possible now

How to solve these issue , please i need step-by step if you can

your answer is very important for me

6 Replies 6

Valentin Ichim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How you make calls to TCS ? I guess that you have a videoconference EP in the class room. Why are you using IP address if you have VCS ? Is EP registered to VCS ?

Normal deplaoyment will be :

- recording alias and template setup on TCS that will be registered on VCS

- EP registered on VCS

- EP will call any alias from TCS that will record the call

You could check Content server Administrator Guide for Step-by-Step configuration. What is the TCS version ?

Dear Valentin

I have checked with the customer , he said that the  TCS is useless , and VCS version is 1.2 , Content server version is 3.2 that is why using IP address instead of Alias

I have confused , it is right ?

how it will be ?

how to solve this issue ?

thanks vlaentin

Does your client use videoconference systems to call TCS? If so,are the EPs on the same IP range as infrastructure systems - VCS, TCS, TMS ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

It should be no interoperability issue between VCS X1.2 and TCS S 3.2. See pag 34 on http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/content_server/TANDBERG%20Content%20Server%20Software%20Release%20Notes%20(S3).pdf
You could register aliases on VCS both on SIP and H323

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would upgraded the vcs and tcs asap.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I fully agree with Magnus!

X1.2 sounds like stone age.

If it ever worked before it might be some networking or server issue which you experience.

Also your deployment is quite unclear for me.

In gernal you would use the TCS in combination with a uri, so you can dial something like

recordingalias1@contentserver

As this might get a bit more complex, especially due to the upgradem unknown dependencies and the deployment,

I would recomend that you reach out for a Cisco Telepresence parter or an external consultant to help you here.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify