cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

create recorder certificate bundle on cms 3.3

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to get the recorder working on CMS. 

1. Separate CMS version 3.3 created for just the recorder
2. Created the CSR and got it signed. 
3. Trying to create the bundle and having issue. 
The signed cert has a four certs listed in the signed cert.
The root, interm1, interm2, and intenty certs ... 

I followed on cisco video to pull the root, interm1, interm2, and intenty certs.

I opened a new note pad and in the following order put the intenty, interm1, interm2, root and saved it as bundle.cer

I put them on the cms and added them in the recorder certs .. when I enable recorder I get success key and crt but the bundle fails ? 

any assist is appreciated 

Chet Cronin
9 Replies 9

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Disregard .. I finally got it working ... operator error on my part .. 

Thank you.

Chet Cronin

How did you fix this?

Sorry for super long delay.   What happened was I had the certs in the bundle file in the incorrect order... Arranged them properly and it worked ... My next challenge is now getting the NFS storage file created on our ESXI host.  Trying to figure that part out. I was told that I can create a storage folder in the datastore and point the RCDR to it .. 

Chet Cronin

@Chet Cronin according to @hoggardt's other thread, he has a different problem. But I already answered him there.
About your problem about setting up NFS:
https://www.jasonneurohr.com/articles/cisco-meeting-server-recorder-setup-with-windows-nfs/

Can you tell me the order that you put the certs in?

I put the CA , Interm, and Root .. in that order from what I recall.  

I keep forgetting ...  

Chet Cronin

b.winter
VIP
VIP

The command is like in the CLI guide:

recorder sip certs <name>.key <name>.cer <cert-bundle>.cer
E.g.:
recorder sip certs recorder.key recorder.cer RootCA.cer

If you have multiple CA-roots (like intermediate and Root CA), then you copy the base64 string into one file with texteditor and save it as "ca-bundle.cer" for example

Sorry for the confusion ... I was referring to building the bundle.  Yes I entered the certs .key, .cer, bundle.cer in that order. 

Started successfully.  My issue is getting the NTFS server path and I am waiting on another section to provide that and will enter in the CMS to complete the configuration. 

Thank you.

Chet Cronin

@Chet Cronin Then I would suggest, you mark this thread as solved, as I guess your original question have been answered.