Views
Helpful
Replies

Crestron control RS-232 of SX20 vs SX80

darkov
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

we have a need to control SX20 codec from Crestron 3-Series processor and have acquired a module that handles communication to SX80 codec. Could that one be used for SX20 or is the communication different?

Thx

Link to Crestron Apllication Market with SX80 serial module (3-Series Crestron processor)

https://store-8ue58.mybigcommerce.com/account.php?action=download_item&data=MzkxMTI2LDIzOTYsMjc2Njk2LGIzOTQwZWM4ZTJjZjViY2QzNmZhODMzOGYzZWY4ZWEwLDYyNTk0MDMxNjgwNTgyOTA4ODIxNDQwODg0ODIwMQ== 

thx

3 Replies 3

matt mcfetridge
Level 1
Level 1

API is the same across the SX series endpoints. Just make sure which version of the firmware the modules are written for i.e. TC firmware versus CE. Also versioning from 7-8-9 have commands that change over time. If I were you, i'd be running CE firmware on your SX20 9.1.4+ so you're on the same development path that cisco is with improvments and majority of bug/feature requests will be applied. TC firmware is a dead-end. my 2 hay pennies...

mwm

We had a lot of stability issues with every other sw version after CE8.3.3, so my recommendation is to stick to CE8.3.3 if integrating Crestron.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to Matt's comments, you can use a module written for the SX80 with an SX20, but keep in mind that not all options in the module will apply to the SX20, ie: inputs/outputs/microphones, etc.  Be sure to reference the API guides that are relevant for the SX20, so that you use the correct commands in the SX80's Crestron module.