Views
Helpful
Replies

CTMS and JAVA

Neelesh Bhoola
Level 1
Level 1

Background and facts:

Two TMS [A and B] devices with multiple connections from differing clients.

Attempting to connect to the Conference Control Center and start the java applet via web browser.

TMS A (V.13.2 )works reliably from all clients – both Debian 6 and Windows 7.

TMS B (V.13.2.1)does not work with Debian clients but works with Windows clients.

All clients [Windows and Debian] are running the same revision of Firefox [20] and Java [7.21] and TMS [13.2.1]. 

On the clients that fail – down rev’ing the Java or Firefox doesn’t resolve the situation.

Clients that fail, fail at the authentication dialog box, but when connecting to the same TMS via a different client the authentication succeeds. [Credentials are not the issue]

The client fails by re-presenting the login dialog box.  When this occurs there is no entry in the console:

Java Plug-in 10.21.2.11

Using JRE version 1.7.0_21-b11 Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM

User home directory = /home/pmccarty

c:   clear console window

f:   finalize objects on finalization queue

g:   garbage collect

h:   display this help message

l:   dump classloader list

m:   print memory usage

o:   trigger logging

q:   hide console

r:   reload policy configuration

s:   dump system and deployment properties

t:   dump thread list

v:   dump thread stack

x:   clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to <n>

Any Thoughts please

Many Thanks

Neelesh

6 Replies 6

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Neelesh, Can you confirm your TMS A and TMS B are connecting to same SQL server in redudancy config or they individual TMS connecting to different SQL db.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Hi Mahesh

They are individual TMS connecting to different SQL db.

Many Thanks

Neelesh

Hi Neelash,

You should actually say Cisco TMS, not CTMS...since Cisco does have a piece of hw called 'CTMS'

At any rate, can you clarify this sentence:

Clients that fail, fail at the authentication dialog box, but when  connecting to the same TMS via a different client the authentication  succeeds. [Credentials are not the issue]

Define 'different client' please, i.e. Debian or Windows?

cheers,

Dale

Noted Thanks for that -

In the situation where it works [lab TMS A]: 

Same cred's work on Debian and windows clients.

In the situation where it doesn't work [DDAU B]:

Cred's work on windows clients and not on Debian clients. 

I have now logged a TAC ticket.

Thanks Again

Hi Neelesh, thanks you for submitting SR with TAC. Please do post the resolution summary later once it is resolved.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Neelesh Bhoola
Level 1
Level 1

I finished the lab recreate today and I was not able to reproduce the symptoms you described. However, I do have a few observations from my testing.

1)          This Debian build seemed to handle Java faster when connecting to a W2K8 server than a W2K3 server.

2)          It would take a while for the java login prompt to load, but once it did, I would get an additional pop-up asking if I wanted to run the java applet (perhaps this is missing or getting overlooked in your environment) and once I accepted it, CCC would load on both W2K8 and W2K3 servers. In short, the jar files took a long time to push to this Debian Client.

3)          Given how slow the client was, it may be that other things are a factor here if there is any packet loss, VPN fragmentation etc. In my testing, both client and servers were in the same VLAN

4)          For comparison, I tested my MAC, Windows VM, Red Hat and an Ubuntu build similar to yours and all worked fine and very quickly by comparison to the Debian Machine. Sorry, I don’t have a Debian image other than yours to test with Ubuntu was the closest I could get.

To sum up, your Debian build with no changes other than IP Addressing is working fine in my lab going against both W2K3 and W2k8 Server builds.

With the above in mind, please let me know how you would like to proceed at this point? If you can do unencrypted communication, we could try a packet capture with wireshark or tcpdump on your client if you wish and do the same on Windows client. Based on my testing though, I do not see a bug here.

I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you have a great day!

All the best to you 

Michael

Michael Jason Wall

Customer Support Engineer

TELEPRESENCE – Technical Services

jawall@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: