cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and VCS Integration

hogantp123
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone confirm if we need to check version compatibility while integrating CUCM and VCS. I have CUCM version 8.0( Demo Lab env.) and VCS version X4.3 running in office environment. Need to know whether we can make calls between different Tandberg endpoints registered with VCS and CTS endpoint( CTS 3010) registered with CUCM. If yes, Can someone provide me the compatibility matrix to check the same.

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ankit

see the ellow link to a discussion that might answer you question

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3427140#3427140

other option i fyou have CTMS and CUVC for example you still can do interop between CTS om CUCM and CTS on VCS

HTH

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Can you confirm whether we always need Telepresence server blade or CUVC to do interop calls or if we have some latest versions on CTS,CUCM and VCS and establish Sip trunk and route pattern on CUCM , and Dial plan on VCS , then can we directly establish calls between cisco and Tandberg points? If yes, what are the compatible versions on all the components ?

The main thing I want to know is if we have CUCM version 8.0 and CTS version 1.7.1 , and VCS version X4.3 ........Can we create interworking between VCS and CUCM. The link which you mentioned is showing VCS version X6.1, I wonder if this is the minimum version requirement for VCS for interworking or can we use lower version(X4.3) ?

Kindly advise.

pre CTS 1.7.4 you have to have either

- TP server

- CUVC

- MXE

for interopability

after 1.7.4 you could have direct CTS to VCS endpoints but i have not tested yet thats why i am not sure

if you have the required versions then just try it in your lab

good luck

Hi,

I believe CTS 1.7.4 is the latest release or do we have any new release after this ?

Also, Can you help me out with VCS versions....which is more confusing to me, 'cos I have CUCM demo lab so I can perform upgrade on CUCM and CTS end-point if required but I have VCS in running environment, which is running on version X4.3. So, I would appreciate if you confirm me the minimum requirement for VCS version in both cases :

- If using CUVC/ TP Server/MXE

- If using direct SIP trunk and Dial Plan/ Router Pattern

Regards,

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are going to use the first option which will be interop I don't think there is any problem with any VCS version ad it will be communicating through sip in directly with CTS

However for the second one with direct I am not really sure but I think it's better to go with 5.x or v6

HTT

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App