Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Phone VPN Configuration

BrianRoberson
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 8.6.2

I've got the Cisco VPN phone feature working with username/password.  Interested in requiring the certificate as well. 

If we want to require certificate plus username/password - what do we select in the VPN Profile Configuration section of Advanced features:

Username and Password

Password Only

Certificate

Where is the Certificate + xxxx ??

Also, the deployment guide states we should create a username and password like:

CP-7945G-SEPxxxxxxxx

We are currently using the LDAP integrated username / password and want to continue to do so.  Is this possible?

Brian

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid those are the only options, there is no cert + something else option. Either there is user involvement on the first couple of options or there isn't with the cert option.

Also, please p,out in the right section, this one is for video over ip questions

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Claudio Costa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gentlemen,

I am taking activating a Phone VPN Feature, we using LDAP authentication on Cisco ASA, but in a IP Phone CP-7942 remotely while a wrote a username and password, we receive a message: User and password failed, but using a  CiscoAnyConnect in a my notebbok login is a successfull.

Other question is: When I am with a ip phone remotely, I need disable a DHCP and edit TFTP-Server to CUCM IP Server corretly ?

Can you help-me in a deployment?

Best Regards,

Cláudio Costa

BrianRoberson
Level 1
Level 1

Claudio,

Stepping back for a second - the 7942 isn't supported according to most documentation I've seen.

Skip

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: