cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different ways to downgrade Cisco Telepresence Systems from 7.6 to 7.4

stefanmuench
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am searching a how to for all different ways to downgrade Cisco Telepresence Systems. THe CM from our Customer is not the newest so we can not use 7.6. We have to downgrade all new Systems to TC7.4. 

MX, SX Systems are used.

I have to do it local, because no Access to Customer Lan. What and how can I Do it?

thank you for your help

stefan 

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Because there is no TC7.4 or TC7.6 software, I believe you mean TC7.3.4 and TC7.3.6. 

No matter what software version you're running and want to upgrade/downgrade to, you'll need access to the endpoint's web interface, they can be downgraded from the Maintenance > Software Upgrade menu, refer to the SX20 TC7.3 Admin Guide on pg 50 for more information. 

rsajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stefan

Greetings of the day!

There are different ways to downgrade which are as follows:

1.) You can perform the downgrade from the GUI of the SX/MX device.

1a.) Navigate to Maintenance -> Software Upgrade -> click on 'choose file' and select the .pkg file from the desired location. Then choose 'Install software'.

1b.) The second method is - Navigate to Maintenance -> System Recovery -> Software Recovery swap. 

If you already have the TC 7.3.4 software version already stored on the inactive partition, it will give you an option to switch to that software.

2.) If the device is provisioned from the call manager(this can be configured on SX/MX GUI -> Configuration -> system Configuration -> Provisioning -> Mode set to CUCM); you can perform the downgrade from directly from the call manager as well. Make sure that the TC 7.3.4 cop file is already installed on the call manager.

2a.) Open the SX/MX device in call manager, and on the phone configuration page of the device, mention the correct Phone Load Name, and then click on Save and Apply config.

2b.) If you wish to downgrade all the SX/MX devices, you can modify the 'Load Information' under Device -> Device Settings -> Device Defaults on the call manager page for different Device types.

NOTE : Phone Load Name mentioned on the phone configuration page of the device takes priority over the load name mentioned under Device Defaults.

3.) You can also perform the downgrade from the SSH session of the codec via FTP, by running the following command:

xCommand SystemUnit SoftwareUpgrade URL: "ftp://ftp_server1/s52000tc5_1_0.pkg"

Where ftp_server1 is the IP address FTP server.

Regards

Radhika Sajan

--------------------------

Please remember to rate the responses and to mark the discussion as answered if appropriate.