Views
Helpful
Replies

Display requirements for Cisco C20

Manticore
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco C20 that I am going to setup.  I am getting ready to purchase the displays and looking for the requirements.

HDMI is all I need right?  I just do not want to make some kind of rookie mistake.

Any special HDMI cables?

Thank you for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Yusuke, I was thinking 10-15, but wasn't sure at the time and didn't want to give a wrong number because I wasn't able to look it up.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you mean SX20?  C20 has been end of sale for a few years by now.  It's been awhile since we've purchased a new codec, but it does come with some HDMI cables, don't recall the length though.

Yes, it is a new old stock C20.   We have two in stock because of a reduction in force.

Hi Manticore,

C20 video output is HDMI. No special HDMI cable is needed. Just a good quality category 2 cable is required.

See the following Admin Guide; page 132

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc7/administration-guide/profile-c20-and-quickset-c20-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

Hi Patrick,

The maximum length is 50ft/15meters.

Refer the knowledgebase document below; page 11

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/articles_doc/telepresence_endpoints_knowledge_base_articles.pdf

Regards,

Yusuke

Thanks Yusuke, I was thinking 10-15, but wasn't sure at the time and didn't want to give a wrong number because I wasn't able to look it up.

Gotcha, for some reason I read it as you were purchasing the codecs too.  Nothing special is needed in regards to the HDMI cables.  You'll also need a VGA to DVI cable with audio if you'd like to share content from a PC or laptop.

Manticore
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Patrick and Yusuke for the quick and informative responses!  This information has been VERY helpful.

I tried to best answer you both but I am not sure if it took.

-Matt