cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does TMS have a maximum number of schedule conferences ?

Hello,

I have been told that TMS has a max limit of 100?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy

10 Replies 10

Andrew Vasel
Level 1
Level 1

Andrew

What do you mean by limit? Limit on scheduling? Limit on simultaneous conferences?

Hi Andrew,

Yes, How many conferences can I book into TMS for a given year or time frame.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy

I am not aware of any limitations. We have our entire user base self-scheduling, and we have completed 200,000+ videoconferences monitored by TMS.

james.l.barnes
Level 1
Level 1

You are correct, TMS will not schedule a recurring conference beyond 100 individual instances.  This is presenting a problem in our org as we have requests for daily recurring meetings that are currently limited to 100 days at a time.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to increase this default limit, but I haven't uncovered any information of use yet.  I'd love to hear if someone has figured this out.

James,

The "max 100 instances" limit is hardcoded, and there is currently no way to increase it.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

Are there plans in the works to increase this limit in the next release. I have a Customer that this will be a big issue in scheduling classes for the given year.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I cannot discuss specific plans for the next Cisco TMS release in a public web forum.

Properly testing that such a change won't negatively impact the performance and stability of TMS isn't trivial. I'll keep your suggestion in mind, but if this has a real business impact on a customer, you should also take the change request through the official channels.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

Thank you for your response, I will be calling and getting a ticket created as it does have a major business impact on the customer and most of our future customers.

Thanks again,

Andy

Hi

We still see this issue in TMS 14.2.1, I believe. I found reference to the issue as bug ID CSCug58023 but I do not have permission to read it, stating insufficient permissions. It is not referenced as being fixed in release notes for current TMS version 14.3.1, so I would assume it is still a fault?

Can you confirm if 100 is still the hard limit, without real-world workaround?

Regards

John Bousfield

Hi John,

[...]

I found reference to the issue as bug ID CSCug58023 [...]

That defect isn't a TMS defect, but rather a WebEx Productivity Tool (PT) defect. It says that the PT does not read the error code from TMS properly when the end user tries to schedule >= 100 occurrences, and that the PT just displays a generic "We've hit glitch" message instead of something more useful.

Can you confirm if 100 is still the hard limit, without real-world workaround?

Regards

John Bousfield

Yes, 100 is still the hard limit as of TMS 14.3.1. There is no workaround.

-Kjetil