Views
Helpful
Replies

Download Usage Report from Conductor

Alex Minghelli
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning

This's my first post and after many search I try to ask to the community about a problem writing script to obtain information by a conductor.

I'm try to writing a script in python to automatically download and manage "conductor usage report"

I can login to the equipment and select the page where download the information ("https://"+conductor+"/xcreporting"). After this I send information about start date and end date for the report and I try generate the report. 

After this operation, on a web browser, the page seems execute some javascript routine to inform that the file is ready to download.

I'm working with "request" library but seems that this library don't execute the javascript code in the page and don't render to me the link to download the file (could be "https://"+conductor+"/xcreportingdownload").

Also I tried to get the link, waiting some time, but the system always send me a "File not found".

Someone made a script like that I need or can give me some information to solve the problem and download the file?

I didn't found information to download the file via SSH terminal or about some API's to download the file

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alex Minghelli
Level 1
Level 1

Well.

I solved my problem by changing the library I used to manage the equipment and the way I managed it.

With Selenium Library and also the Chromium Driver I can download the file I need from the host. Unfortunately using "request" library, also if this is more lightweigth, I can't manage page with Javascript inside.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Alex Minghelli
Level 1
Level 1

Well.

I solved my problem by changing the library I used to manage the equipment and the way I managed it.

With Selenium Library and also the Chromium Driver I can download the file I need from the host. Unfortunately using "request" library, also if this is more lightweigth, I can't manage page with Javascript inside.