cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 Protocol Customization Question

tercell81
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DX80 running CE9.1.6. I see that it has the ability to add switches/buttons for "Room Control", but I would like to know if I can customize a switch/button on the dial screen to run a command that will allow a user to switch the H323 "Call Setup Mode" between "Direct" and "Gatekeeper"?

Is that possible with the version I'm running, or do we need to upgrade?

If it is possible with either the version I'm running now, or a newer version, what would the command look like, and how would I go about setting it up?

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

No, room control is for sending commands to control devices like Crestron, AMX, etc, not to itself. 

That said - why would you want to register/unregister to a gatekeeper? If you have a VCS or whatever working as a GK, why wouldn't you just leave it registered?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With the newer version of CE9 (the latest as of the date of this post is CE9.6.2) support macros which can be added behind custom room control buttons.  You could use the macros to change the configuration between the settings as you described.

A better way to get it to work would be to make your gatekeeper infrastucture capable of dialling to whateve you are trying to connect to with the "Direct" method - that way your end users don't need to worry about how the endpoint is configured.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.