Views
Helpful
Replies

E20 phonebook double entries

petark
Level 1
Level 1

HI All,

We have a dozen E20 devices provisioned via VCSc and they are working fine except certain entries in the phonebook appear twice.

It's the same 5 or 6 entries on all devices.

Same phonebook is pushed by TMS on C series codecs and it's completely fine.

Anyone has an idea what could this be?

Cheers,

Petar

8 Replies 8

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

This is something we have seen before in different scenarios. And you say these E20s are provisioned via VCS so I assume you are using Provisioning Extension?

Could you provide some more information about the phonebook and sources connected and what types of entries are appearing as duplicate? Are these entries also provisioned by VCS? Compare it to the ones that do not appear as duplicate and let me know what is particular to these entries.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, we are using provisioning extension.

Phonebook is configured on TMS and there are three different sources connected to three phonebooks.

1. Provisioned contacts

2. Endpoints - VC systems imported from specific folder

3. Virtual Rooms - manually created contacts(csv)

Every of the mentioned phonebooks has several double entries on E20.

E.g. In VirtualRooms we have VR01, VR02, VR03, VR01, VR02, VR03, VR04, VR05...

Same goes for all phonebooks.

There are no obvious difference between individual contacts which appear twice(even three times in the same phonebook) and contacts which appear only once.

Note: Everything looks normal on a C-series codecs.

First thing I think of is duplicated entries due to protocol. One entry for SIP and one entry for H323. In cases where you see more than two it might be "IP" or something else. Do you have any old portfolio endpoints like MXP that is shown as duplicate?

Are you using FindMe with the PE and do you have "Device import" ticked on the provisioning source?

/Magnus

My initial suspicion was usage of different protocols, but if I select duplicated contact on E20 device it displays H323 address only, no SIP.

Even though all contacts on the TMS phonebook are configured with both protocols, but without IP adresses.

No MXP endpoints at all.

We are using FindMe indeed, but "Import Provisioned Devices" is not selected.

Should it be?

Since "Import Provisioned Devices" is enabled by default when TMSPE is first installed, could it be that it wasn't turned off at first, which would have imported extra addresses for a contact, however no one ever went back and cleaned up the phone book?

Within TMS, do you see duplicates on the phone book sources as well as the phone books themselves?  Don't just look for duplicated contacts, expand a contact to see all possible address for the contact.

Hi Patrick,

First thing I did is checking the phonebook on TMS. There are no duplicate entries or adresses on any source or any phonebook. Otherwise, it would appear on C-series codecs...

This whole thing really makes no sense.

Could it be related to PE itself?

We are running TMS 14.6.2 and TMSPE 1.4.1.

The C-series endpoints get the "Corporate Directory" from TMS.

The older Tandberg endpoints will get the "Global Directory" from TMS.

That is why the two different types of endpoints can appear different at times.

See From: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/conferencing/telepresence-management-suite-tms/112545-pqa-112545-00.html

The C-series will get the Corporate Directory, the older Tabdnerg endpints (ie your E20) will get a Global Directory.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

I just checked and we are using Centralized TMS phone books only(corporate phone book), not both.

Cisco recommends using the corporate phone book or both, because the downloaded phone book is only supported by legacy TANDBERG endpoints.

Could this be the issue? Is it possible that E20s cannot handle corporate phone book properly?