cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email notifications from TMS about TMS meetings

pbogomolnyi
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to configure TMS (ver. 15.6.1) to send email notifications to a 3rd party (managed service provider distribution list) whenever a meeting is scheduled, updated, or deleted.  The admin guide states that email notifications are received by the conference creator, conference owner, and any user who has ever updated the conference.  What we want to do is to additionally send such email notifications for every meeting to a separate distribution list.  We want it to happen automatically so that people scheduling meetings do not need to remember to add it (also so it would work in cases when meetings are propagated into TMS by TMSXE).

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Pavel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can create a user in TMS manually with the details (including email address) of the external provider.

Admin Tools > User Administration > Users.  Click "New" button at the bottom.  Fill in the details required on the screen (you can use a bogus windows username as the user will never log on).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't believe there is a way to change the default behaviour to include another email address.

As a workaround though, you could set the "System Contact" for all your endpoints to the user account which references the external address of the other mailbox you want to send notifications to, then  each time the endpoint is booked, they will get an email.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can send a copy of the booking confirmation email by entering the email address into the Email section of the Conference Information tab on the booking page within TMS.
In addition to Wayne's comment, you can setup Event Notifications for any user account within TMS to receive an email when a scheduling event (scheduled, changed, deleted) has occurred for the selected managed systems. The System Contact feature that Wayne mentions uses this method to send email updates to the endpoint's system contact.

Thank you, both, for your replies.  Unfortunately, neither suggestion will address customer requirements.  The meetings do not get scheduled in TMS interface (they come in via TMSXE, as I mentioned in the initial post), so there is no person able to enter anything into the Conference Information tab.  Also, a system contact has to be a TMS user (and same for Event Notification Manager), while we need the notification to go to a distribution list at our managed service provider.

Sounds like I'll need to ask our account team to open a new feature request.

Thanks for your replies anyway!

You can create a user in TMS manually with the details (including email address) of the external provider.

Admin Tools > User Administration > Users.  Click "New" button at the bottom.  Fill in the details required on the screen (you can use a bogus windows username as the user will never log on).

Wayne

Thank you, Wayne, this was a great tip.  I was able to create a non-Windows/non-domain user with an external email address and used Event Notification Manager to set it up to receive notifications.

A caveat is this method generates one email per video endpoint, not one per meeting, but it gets the job done.

Thanks again.