Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 issue with TMS and Callmanager.

darsilvar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have a EX60 registered on my TMS and working fine. But i need to do phone calls by this endpoint.

The device is registered on TMS that is on another country (DE) and consequently on another call manager using her routes and rules.

The point is: Is possible to maintain the register on TMS to videocalls and register my callmanger to do phonecalls?

I tried to do provisioning process on the device... To recieve phone calls from my callmanager works fine. But do do phonecalls not. Outgoing calls continue exiting by DE callmanager.

I think that is possible to do that. But i cant imagine how.....

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Daron,

I believe you are taking about the provisioning.

you must be provisioning with TMS for phonebook. at present on TC 6.3, you cannot get TMS phonebook if provisioned by CUCM.

however, on next release TC 7 , a device pack for CUCM will alllow to specify TMS to be phonebook source for CUCM provisoned endpoints.

at present, you can either provisioned with TMS or with CUCM at a time.

in case you need to make SIP call, this need to go through CUCM by sip and if h323 then default protocol should be h323.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daron,

i guess you are making SIP calls through Call manager and H323 through VCS/ direct IP -IP call by initating call through TMS conference page.

if everything is configured properly, check you default call protocol.

Hi Amit!

Yes! to do videocalls, the device and the TMS uses H323 protocol. To phone calls the endpoint uses SIP.

I already use SIP as default protocol on device, but if i maintain this change the TMS can not find the device and consequently cant start the videocall.

***Sorry for my bad english... I'm studying ....***

try adding H323: infront of dialed number when you want to make H323 calls.

example: H323: 34532 ( e.164 number)

Yep i read something about that.

The bad thing is... this endpoint is for presidency room, and my beloved boss want this thing working at more easy way.

He do not accept this way to do this... and there is another issue when is registered on SIP... The phonebook lost the connection with directory and all contacts are lost.

Hi Daron,

I believe you are taking about the provisioning.

you must be provisioning with TMS for phonebook. at present on TC 6.3, you cannot get TMS phonebook if provisioned by CUCM.

however, on next release TC 7 , a device pack for CUCM will alllow to specify TMS to be phonebook source for CUCM provisoned endpoints.

at present, you can either provisioned with TMS or with CUCM at a time.

in case you need to make SIP call, this need to go through CUCM by sip and if h323 then default protocol should be h323.

Ok i understand... no problem!

Many thanks for your help friend!