Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 Touch Panel Lockdown

caryrocker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to lockdown the EX90 touch panel so that user can't make any changes to the settings ??

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For the Touch 8 Menu password, login using admin through telnet/SSH on the codec and use the following CLI to enable a password protected access.

--------------------------

xCommand SystemUnit MenuPassword Set

Password(r): < 0="">

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes its possible to set a menu password to protect the admin settings. However user settings are a bit more difficult. If you want all the settings to be persistant you should create a persistant config template in tms that you push out every day.

Look for the menu password settin on the unit. Unfortunately im not by an endpoint now and i cant remember exactly where the setting is located.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

For the Touch 8 Menu password, login using admin through telnet/SSH on the codec and use the following CLI to enable a password protected access.

--------------------------

xCommand SystemUnit MenuPassword Set

Password(r): < 0="">

Paul, yes I just tested it and it's exactly what I wanted ....

You guys rock

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Great. But with this only the Admin settings are locked. The "reboot" menu is still there for all. Is there also a way to prevent the reload or changing the background or ring tone?

Were you able to find the info on how to lock down the user access?

What software version are you running?

If you're running TC7 and later, you can lock down ringtone, volume, language, date and time, etc - these will be placed under the Administrator menu which requires the admin password.  Take a look at thread Lock Touch 8".