Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 Touchpanel not allowing Multisite

Chris Nasta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an EX90 with  a multisite license. I am running TC4.2.4. The option to add participants is not showing on the panel at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris               

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all I would recommend to upgrade the software of you endpoint.

TC7.0.2 is the latest.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283645026&softwareid=280886992&release=7.0.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

TC4.2 is some time ago and the control via the touch screen evolved till then, so this could be the reason.

Besides that, at least current systems have the option to switch in between multiway and multisite,

if multiway is enabled miltisite is disabled. Check on the system config.

If getting lost, sometimes a factory default reset can also be helpful (but that also requires you know the basic settings)

Please also double check that the license key is really present.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Are you not able to dial while in a call? I don´t remember hos this looks like on TC4.2 but there should be an option to dial? Dialing a second participant while in a call would setup a multisite call.

/Magnus

There is no option on the touch panel to add participant.I have 2 other units where the option shows up running different flavors of TC4.x

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all I would recommend to upgrade the software of you endpoint.

TC7.0.2 is the latest.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283645026&softwareid=280886992&release=7.0.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

TC4.2 is some time ago and the control via the touch screen evolved till then, so this could be the reason.

Besides that, at least current systems have the option to switch in between multiway and multisite,

if multiway is enabled miltisite is disabled. Check on the system config.

If getting lost, sometimes a factory default reset can also be helpful (but that also requires you know the basic settings)

Please also double check that the license key is really present.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I factory rest the unit and it is working now. Thanks for the help guys

thx for setting it to answered and giving the feedback on how you solved it +5 for that!

Anyhow, please consider upgrading the systems, for security and usability,

the touch interface really improved!

Hi Chris,

As Martin has indicated in his post above, it is highly recommended that you upgrade your devices from TC4.x to something more recent.

There are a number of security vulnerabilities in software pre TC6.1 - see

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20130619-tpc for details.

If you have an active service contract on your devices, I recommend you upgrade to one of the latest releases (ie TC7.0.1), If you don't have an active service contract, you will be able to get a "free" upgrade to TC6.1 by contacting the TAC and requesting the upgrade as per the details in that security advisory.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: