Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway-C - IM & Presence error XMPP router: Inactive

salih.dogan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I added  IM & Presence to Exp-C. But I have error like " Configured but with errors XMPP router: Inactive".

Traversal zones seem active too.

I did all solution on this document too:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/118798-technote-cucm-00.pdf

But I didn't fix error. I need help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Can you please confirm the following in addition to Jamie's point?

On the Expressway Control:

1. Configuration > Domains:
    1. Select your domain
    2. Verify that "IM and Presence Service" is enabled
  2. Configuration > Unified Communications > IM and Presence Service nodes:
    1. Select your IM&P Publisher from the list
    2. Verify the status of TLS verify mode (if you have your IM&P server signed by a CA that your expressway trusts, select ON. If not, select OFF)
  3. Are you using the "Unified Communications Traversal" zone type between your EXP-C and EXP-E or the "Traversal client" type?

Other:

4. What version of IM&P and Expressway are you running?

5. Does Jabber work for internal users?

6. Have you tried restarting the expressway control?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure all your services are running in IM&P??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, services were running.

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Can you please confirm the following in addition to Jamie's point?

On the Expressway Control:

1. Configuration > Domains:
    1. Select your domain
    2. Verify that "IM and Presence Service" is enabled
  2. Configuration > Unified Communications > IM and Presence Service nodes:
    1. Select your IM&P Publisher from the list
    2. Verify the status of TLS verify mode (if you have your IM&P server signed by a CA that your expressway trusts, select ON. If not, select OFF)
  3. Are you using the "Unified Communications Traversal" zone type between your EXP-C and EXP-E or the "Traversal client" type?

Other:

4. What version of IM&P and Expressway are you running?

5. Does Jabber work for internal users?

6. Have you tried restarting the expressway control?

Thanks. I fixed problem. I checked first three steps and Jabber was working in local network. I rebooted Exp-C and no more problem.

Thank you for following up with the solution!

hi guys!

I got the same problem.After i checked my config, I can' t fix this after i restart the control.My expressway -c&e is X8.7 and cucm&imp is 10.5.

Is that going to be a problem?

If you can check my config and help me out,please let me know.I will snap my config.

THX.

Hi There,

Can you confirm if you are experiencing the exact same issue as the original poster?

On the Unified Communications status page of the EXP-C (Status > Unified Communications) are you seeing errors? If so can you please post a screenshot?

Here

Have you completed all of the configuration items noted in the MRA via Expressway deployment guide?

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-7/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-7.pdf 

I
 can also see that there are several alarms active in the top right hand corner of your screenshot. You may want to check on those as well.

Hi, sorry for the delay of reply. I have solved the problem. I have a misunderstanding of the NAT config.When I configered the NAT of the EXC, everything done.

THX a lot.