cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extending the table microphone beyond the "offered" extension length.

ncampbell
Level 1
Level 1

I need to extend 4 table mics (w/ euroblock connectors) beyond the 29' offered in the extension cable. I'm fully aware of cable impedance and voltage drop of the control wire. My question is: where do I purchase the 3.5mm male and femle pair of connectors?

3 Replies 3

ncampbell
Level 1
Level 1

I'll answer my own question. After an exhausting search and a half a dozen calls, I found the following information.

The Phoenix Contact part number for the connector at the end of the table mic is #1840382 (4pin 3.5mm pitch screw connector). Phoenix does not make a male version of this connector. They do make a "captive spring" type connector. Part number 1844002. Once I have these connectors in hand, I'll do some testing with a couple different types of cables and let you know the results.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@ncampbell wrote:

My question is: where do I purchase the 3.5mm male and femle pair of connectors?

You should be able to buy 4-pole 3.5mm plugs and sockets from any reputable electronics store, or even off eBay if you're pushed for a local supplier.  https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=3.5mm%204-pole%20socket

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.