cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Far End Content Sharing has no layout setting available on Touch10 connected to my SX20 CE9.7

When I share content locally, I can change my layout successfully (Single, Prominent, Overlay, etc...). However, when the far end site (zoom video meeting attendee) shares content, the content appears on my SX20 full screen with a small pip window of the presenter in the top right corner. It also gives me the notification to "Press 5 to enlarge the image".

I am hoping to be able to change the layout of the remote site presentations as I do on my local presentations (Single, Prominent, Overlay, etc...). I've tried changing all the default layout configurations to no avail.

FYI. This is a non-registered device running H.323

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From what you are describing and what I can see in the screenshots, the Zoom end is sending the content in the main video stream, rather than as a separate stream.  In which case, you will not be able to use the local controls to change how the two appear on the screen as you are only receiving one video stream from the Zoom end.  There are no settings on your SX20 that you can change to affect this behaviour as it's all being done at the Zoom end. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I also have an SX80 & SX10... both show separate streams when a zoom
meeting attendee starts screen sharing... And I can adjust the layout as I
can adjust the layout when presenting locally.

However, both of these devises are registered in TMS... I’m suspicious it’s
something to do with how I have my SX20 setup? Or a limitation of devices
not being registered in TMS?

By "registered to TMS" I assume you mean using TMS as a management server, but registered to your call control platform (VCS, CUCM, etc). in which case, the call control platform is likely handling your firewall traversal in and out of your organisation properly where the standalone device is not.   So it could be an issue with the Standalone device's configuration, or your firewall's configuration, or how Zoom is interacting with your device (and the ports it can communicate on), or even the protocol that's being used (you didn't mention whether the other devices that are "registered" are using SIP or H.323).  These are some of the many things you can look in to as to why your devices are behaving differently - is there any specific reason you don't just register this SX20 to the call control platform all the other working devices are registered to?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.