cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help for people with one deaf ear.

jorge.perez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 7945 with a headset.  Because one ear is deaf, when I cover my good ear with the headset or with the handset, I cannot hear my own voice in my good ear. It sounds like I am talking underwater which is really a terrible feeling and not productive.

Do you have a telephone setting or a specific headset recommendation for people with hearing in only one ear that will allow me to hear my own voice in the earpiece?

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I know there have been changed in the sidetone (how much you hear your own voice in the ear peice) between different phone firmware versions, you might want to try a firmware version with this fix:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso92805, even though this was fixed on a pretty old firmware.  The sidetone value isn't configurable per phone but has to do with the phone model and firmware from what I've seen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: