cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i set up NAS as external storage with TCS?

wnsdlf1017
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i've read Cisco TelePresence Content Server
Release 6.0.x and 6.1 Administration and
User Guide
August 2014 and tried to set up NAS with TCS.

TCS(windows 2012 R2)---------------NAS

unfortunately, it was failed.

So, i have a question.

1. how can i set up same domain to TCS and NAS without Windows service as Active Directory Domain Service(ADDS), DNS server, or file services?

-The Content Server does not support running Windows services such as Active Directory Domain
Services (ADDS), DNS server, or file services. You should configure an external server for all
Windows-based services. (from the guide)

-The Content Server and the NAS must be in the same domain. (from the guide)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TCS isn't supported on Windows 2012 R2, unless you're speaking of your NAS running on 2012.  The supported operating systems for a TCS are:

• first and second generation: Windows 2003
  • third generation and virtual: Windows 2008 R2 Standard

If your organization has Active Directory, you need to add the TCS and NAS to your AD just as you would any other computer or server.  If your organization doesn't have AD, then you can't use external storage without it, at least I've never heard of anyone trying.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TCS isn't supported on Windows 2012 R2, unless you're speaking of your NAS running on 2012.  The supported operating systems for a TCS are:

• first and second generation: Windows 2003
  • third generation and virtual: Windows 2008 R2 Standard

If your organization has Active Directory, you need to add the TCS and NAS to your AD just as you would any other computer or server.  If your organization doesn't have AD, then you can't use external storage without it, at least I've never heard of anyone trying.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: