cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get netlog of VCS?

zhaowei
Level 1
Level 1

As I know,I can get netlog of VCS by executing command "netlog 2" where the version of VCS is X5.Today I can't find this command in VCS whose version is X 7.2.

Does anyone know how to collect netlog on the vcs?Please tell me.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The “netlog” command has removed since X6.0 release.

VCS log can retrieve by using Diagnostic logging feature on WebGUI.

The “DEBUG” level of logging is same level of “netlog 2” logging.

Network log is for native call and other signal logging, interworking log is for additional log for internal interworking call processing log.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The “netlog” command has removed since X6.0 release.

VCS log can retrieve by using Diagnostic logging feature on WebGUI.

The “DEBUG” level of logging is same level of “netlog 2” logging.

Network log is for native call and other signal logging, interworking log is for additional log for internal interworking call processing log.

Haha tomo, you beat me to it!

For starting the log, simply set logging level and click “Start new log”.

Then click “Stop logging” and “Download log” to download captured log to your PC.

This logging will run on VCS (operation on WebGUI to signal logging process to VCS), therefore you may close Web session and return back later to stop/download diagnostic log (not like netlog command where you had to have live SSH/Console session while logging).

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Go to maintenance --> Diagnostics --> Diagnostics logging and set network log level to Debug. This is equal to the netlog 2.

Once finished, click stop and download the log.

/Magnus

Wei: besides what Magnus/Tomonori already said, check the VCS (Admin) guides and release notes for changes.

Regards debugging / netlog take a look at:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15644

Magnus/Tomonori:

The netlog command was an easy way to see live whats going on without having to wait, especially

if we were talking about sip-tls connections or of you wanted to check realtime it was _very_ helpful.

That is now gone. (I wonder if there is a temporary file on the vcs which could be grep´ed?)

With the right filters you could limit the output so you could just see what you needed to not get flooded.

That was perfekt!

I must say I am quite unhappy that the CLI - like netlog, like lacking  xconf info for the b2bua, ... or also part of the root shell like  lacking scp or ssh commands get removed/crippled, I think thats a bad  direction - More power to the CLI!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

the imp part is the new process is easy for TAC as well as customer to collect logs. Being a TAC engineer its easy to collect the logs with GUI rathern than going to CLI and running the commands and do the capture.Also its easier to explain the customer to collect the logs and send to TAC.

however i think seeing in real time also in the CLI captures, you will see very minimal information as the window scrolls so fast and you probably would be able to see couple of messages only.

cheers

Alok

Sure we pay for the service contracts, so if you like me to always open  up a case instead of looking into it myself, I can do that

You know, to have a easier way to report was a feature request by us pointing back 3 years or so. So I fully

agree with you on that part. But this does not mean that other well working features need to be removed.

You could pipe the netlog though a grep and just see what you want to see in real time, some regex helped as well

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify