cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to install 6 telepresence c40 ?

emadmady10
Level 1
Level 1

What is the right steps to install 6 telepresence c40 at 6 meeting rooms in the same LAN and connected to layer 3 Switch with out using call manager Knowing that all what we need just local calls between this mentioned rooms?

Thanks for your kind support

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I think his intention is to not use CUCM since he mentions "with out using call manager".  If you want to configure the C40s to be standalone codecs within your network and not registered to any call control server such as CUCM or VCS, take a look at the C Series Getting Starting Guide.  There is a section on configuring H323 on pg 26, follow steps 1-3 only, this will make the codecs be able to call each other using H323 as a standalone endpoint where you can dial each other via IP.

View solution in original post

Hi emadmady10,

I did not carefully read your message.

Look messages from Patrick and Waine.

br Oleksandr

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

The C40 is native device for CUCM 8.6 and later. You may use same steps for C40 like steps for another phone.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc7/administration-guide/administering-endpoints-running-tc72-on-ucm1051.pdf

br Oleksandr

I think his intention is to not use CUCM since he mentions "with out using call manager".  If you want to configure the C40s to be standalone codecs within your network and not registered to any call control server such as CUCM or VCS, take a look at the C Series Getting Starting Guide.  There is a section on configuring H323 on pg 26, follow steps 1-3 only, this will make the codecs be able to call each other using H323 as a standalone endpoint where you can dial each other via IP.

As Patrick has said above - if you configure your C40s as Standalone endpoints with the H.323 CallSetup Mode set to Direct, you should be able to make calls from each of the endpoints to any other one by dialling its IP address.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you so much for answering my question, I 'll goin to start implementation soon, after receiving shipped component then I 'll try to make it as you advised... and I'm sure I'll need your support during setup process, Thank you again ..

Hi emadmady10,

I did not carefully read your message.

Look messages from Patrick and Waine.

br Oleksandr

Thank you Oleksandr for your kind attention.