cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In MSE 8000 chases I have 8510 and 8710 cards. MCU 8510 supports Auto Attendant. If any voice call is placed on MCU 8510. Call can join the conference which is held on MCU 8510. I need to join a conference which is held on MCU 8710. I am unable to join co

Shree Parashar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In MSE 8000 chases I have 8510 and 8710 cards. MCU 8510 supports Auto Attendant. If any voice call is placed on MCU 8510. Call can join the conference which is held on MCU 8510. I need to join a conference which is held on MCU 8710. I am unable to join conferences which are running on MCU 8710. Is there any way I can join MCU 8710 conference using MCU 8510. 8710 does not support Auto Attendant. Pls suggest.

Rdgs,

Shree Parashar

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shree,

MSE 8710 does not support auto attendant, therefore, to join conference on this MCU, you should have it integrated with a Call Control, such as VCS or CallManager, so that the Call Control server will route calls to MCU propoerly and allow users to join in the conferences.

For example, let's assume you have a VCS as control server. In this case, MSE 8710 will register all its conferences numbers to VCS registration table, so that VCS will be able to route calls to those conferences created on 8710. Then, All the endpoints properly registered to VCS will ne able to join 8710's conferences.

Could you please describe better your environment? which telepresences components do you have?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.Hi

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I have TMS, TMSXE, VCS-C, VCS-E and CUCM 9.0. Polycom endpoints are register on VCS-C. Telepresence equipment’s are registered with CUCM.I have SIP trunk between VCS-C and CUCM. For Polycom endpoint we use, MCU 8510. For mix (Polycom and Telepresence) or Telepresence calls. We use MCU 8710.

Rdgs,

Shree Parashar

Shree,

As you are using TMS for scheduling, you must to register both MCUs 8510 and 8710 to VCS-C. So all the conference numbers you create on both MCUs will registered to VCS-C. Therefore endpoints registered to VCS, CUCM and to VCS-E will be able to dial the conference numbers on both MCUs.

I would suggest you to save a time to plan and design a dial plan. So you can configure all the routes, transforms, trunks, conference numbers, alias and etc - in order to allow the enviroment to work properly.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I also agree, that maybe stepping one step back can be handy, what do you have, what do you need/want

and whats doable in which way. Some features might exclude each other in different deployments, but

most of the time something properly working can be found :-)

Thats one point why I can not understand that Cisco retired the IPGW, that one could have offered

you a IVR on IP.

If its ISDN calls you could use the IVR of the ISDN-GW

If its internal audio calls it should be fixable with a proper dial plan.

If you have enough public phone numbers you can also do some mapping.

If you need a voice IVR/AA, you should find 3rd party producs as well. For some private stuff I use

http://www.asterisk.org which works great :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify