cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Cameras for home use

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I'm not sure which would be the best support forum to put this in.  Although I know that remote surveillance is covered in Telepresence classes, so I'm hoping to get advice here.  I didnt want to put this in Small Business because I typically work on Enterprise class equipment.

Does anyone have recommendations for an IP Camera solution?  I'm looking for stuff that I can find on Ebay for relatively cheap.  Obviously the cameras have to tie back to a recorder.  I'm hoping I can run a virtual machine to capture the feeds.  I have POE on my switch, so my plan would be to run a single Ethernet to the camera.  Please let me know specifics models to be on the lookout for.

Thanks in advance

The Huth

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your question is pretty broad - and can probably be best answered by googling "IP Surveillance".  There are many options on cameras, recorders, management software, etc available on the market.  I've had success using some of the Axis products in the past which can be scaled from small to enterprise.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

You're right.  I missed a detail in my post.  I'm wanting a cisco solution.  Hopefully with some older generation gear that still makes up a fairly modern solution.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cisco-Home-Security-Cameras/48638/bn_319038/i.html

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.