cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to get a current CODEC config into a TMS System template?

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

TMS 14.2.1

CODEC (various, but mainly C or MXP series) - TC 5.x, F9.3.1

Well, the question is in the title. I can build System Templates in TMS, but thought "wouldn't this be easier if I could take a snapshot of a system into a template, that I could then modify (such as removal of system unique settings) to apply to other devices"? I'm sure a lot of you run venues with the same configurations and hardware, and so setting up and applying a template is great to ensure consistency, but I can see a simple way to grade the confg of a system that you are happy with the setup of, into a template that can be applied to other system.

Many thanks

Chris

4 Replies 4

thobonho
Level 1
Level 1

Short answer is NO, but you could have fun by writing your own app/script. Get xconf from your codec of reference, apply your changes and push it back to other codecs.

Feature request time....

Yes, you can take your chance!

I see your codecs are on TC5, but just to let you know, with TC6 software you could do what I've suggested really easily as you can send API commands from the web GUI directly. It would be just a matter of copy/paste (just avoid to change network settings...).

Oh Dear Thomas, don't get me started on TC6!!!!

Unfortunately, the majority of our CODECs use a dual screen option, and as such, TC6 is still not fit for purpose! We have been waiting for fixes for many, many months WRT to layout issues, and whilst some of these have been addressed, there is still one major one which for us and our customers (education and public sector) mean that the current version is still unusable. We are waiting for TC6.3 which we hope will, finally, fix this issue (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4010567#4010567).

Chris