Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest and Cisco Meeting Server

ameet.patel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently using Jabber Guest and an MSE8000 bridge and are in the process of replacing the bridge with Cisco Meeting Server with the WebRTC application for external people to call into the bridge.

We also currently have clustered VCS-Es and VCS-Cs that will be replaced by Expressway-Es and Cs as part of this project.

My question:

1) Can we continue to use Jabber Guest, instead of the new WebRTC, for external people to call into the new CMS bridge?

a) If Jabber Guest can be used with CMS, can we re-use existing Jabber Guest links to call into CMS or will new links need to be created?

If more information is required from me to answer the above questions, please let me know and I can provide it.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

ron.wilton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar issue where our client was using Jabber Guest however there wasn't the ability to share screens and they recently moved to CMS for the WebRTC capabilities.  Cisco recently announced Jabber Guest 11.0 which addresses screen sharing and therefore would like to continue using it with CMS.  CMS requires separate PIN code with every WebRTC call, which is an administrative problem, So Jabber Guest is preferred..

It doesn't appear that your question was answered, were you able to get an answer from another source?