Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 No HTTPS Response

miller.dustin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 SX80 codecs that we use in our building. One we only turn on as needed in our auditorium, and a second which is configured to always stay on, but just be in standby until needed.

The codec that is in a meeting room has been having issues with its network connection.  The touch panel was displaying "Missing Network Link" "Please check network cable", and when we reviewed the network logs it occasionally has a "Connection Status updated to No HTTPS Response" that lasts for a few days until the codec is rebooted.  I just recently found out about this and did some troubleshooting, and when I looked at the codec the network connections were not on. (as in no lights on the rear panel, we have 3 Ethernet cables plugged into them).  The front panel was either blinking or pulsating (I can't remember which).

I was wondering if the SX80 was intended to be shut off between uses, or is able to just be in standby mode and left on all the time.  If it is intended to be left in standby mode, are there any troubleshooting steps to take to see why it is shutting off the network connections?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Generally these are on 7x24. As to your problem, it might be a hardware problem, but before going there, what SW rev are you running on it?

Thank you. We are running TC7.3.9b938c8e

If it is a hardware issue we have channels to go through to fix it, I just wanted to confirm that there wasn't a simple solution we were missing.

I would try a software upgrade because you have nothing to lose - the latest TC code is 7.3.12, or you can go to CE code if you aren't using a control system (Crestron etc). I don't think there is any bug that's known to cause your problem though so you will likely need to open a ticket with your partner or Cisco and replace it. Good luck. 

Thank you,

I will update if they end up figuring out a resolution or if it is just a replacement.