cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber using wrong SMTP server to send user info in TMS 14.5.0

John_R
Level 1
Level 1

We recently changed our SMTP server and are trying to update the settings.  For TMS, we changed the SMTP server in the Adminstration Tools/Configuration/Email Settings and notices for meeting creation/changes are getting through.  When we go to provision a new Jabber client user account, the emails with account information are not getting through.  Searching through the forums here, it appears the setting should be on Adminstration Tools/Configuration/Provisioning Extension Settings, but that page comes up blank.  It was working before with the previous SMTP server but it is no longer available so I suspect the Jabber info is still trying to use that server and the emails are going nowhere.  As a band-aid workaround, we could create a DNS entry for the old SMTP hostname and have it point to the new server, but that's being messy and I'd rather not have 2 SMTP hostnames floating around.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I usually recommend that people use a generic DNS entry for NTP/SMTP/LDAP/etc (time.mydomain.com / mail.mydomain.com / ldap.mydomain.com / etc) - that way you can change the server that provides the service or its IP address and then only have to change your DNS to the new location rather than updating many other systems which may rely on these services.  This also allows you to load balance some of the services as well with a load balancer, or a DNS round robin approach.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Which is how we normally do things, unfortunately, we had 2 systems running in parallel with two different hostnames - we migrated from Domino to Exchange a couple of years ago, and are finally retiring the legacy servers, one has recently been retired. TMS notifications are going out through the other host, but for some reason the Jabber account emails are not going to the same SMTP server and we can't find the setting to change it. I know we can remap the old hostname to the remaining SMTP server, but I'd rather be able to correct Jabber so we don;t have to keep both names going.

The Jabber notifications would be from your CUCM, not from TMS.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.